The University of Auckland IEEE Student Branch are proudly hosting a field trip to the Sky Tower. This trip will offer future engineers at the University of Auckland a chance to experience some great sights related to the communications industry and includes opportunities to:
- View the world’s largest FM combining system, broadcasting 16 FM radio stations from one antenna
- See the communications duct: a vertical tunnel running right from the bottom to the top of the tower, containing among other things fibre optic, coaxial and 11kv power cables
- Enjoy the breathtaking views from the public observation decks
Due to VERY limited places for this field trip, those who are selected to participate in the field trip will be allocated with much emphasis on a “first come, first served” basis.
Field Trip Details:
- Date: 30/08/10
- Time: Meeting at 10:30am, field trip commences at 11am
- Place: Those who are selected to participate will be informed of a meeting place via. email
- Duration: The field trip itself will last approximately an hour (not including migration to and from)
To register for the event please send an email containing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- IEEE Membership Number
- Year and Specialisation
- A brief description of why you wish to attend this field trip
Due to the limited numbers we are able to take on this field trip we will not be able to guarantee participation to all those who apply. Those selected for the field trip will be informed via email.