The IEEE Student Branch is organizing its annual trip to the Sky Tower! This interesting and exciting field trip entails a tour around parts of the Skytower off limits to the general public, including the opportunity to:
- View the world’s largest FM combining system, broadcasting 16 FM radio stations from one antenna
- See the communications duct: a vertical tunnel running right from the bottom to the top of the tower, containing among other things fibre optic, coaxial and 11kv power cables
- Enjoy the breathtaking views from the public observation decks
- Date: Tuesday 21st August
- Time: Two consecutive tours – 10:50am & 11:50am
- Duration: Set aside 2 hours; to account for walking time, the tour itself should last 1 hour
- Venue:Corner of Victoria and Federal St, Auckland.
– Walking group: A IEEE Student Branch member will lead a walking group from the University of Auckland; Walking group meets at ECE Undergraduate foyer no later than 10:30am for first tour or 11:30am for the second tour.
– Non-walking group: Please meet the rest of the group by the doors of the Casino Atrium no later than 10:50am or 11:50am for tour 1 and tour 2 respectively.
To register your interest, please fill in the form located here.
This event is only open to IEEE members. Not a member? Sign up here.
Spaces are strictly limited to 10 people per tour and will be allocated on a “first come, first served” basis.
If there are any further questions, feel free to e-mail us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.